PDA

View Full Version : This is stupid

Angry Kid
01-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Just because some of us have had bad experiences with TS recently, we seem to have agreed to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Tonight on T'Dome was one of the least enjoyable experiences I have had - this after SW has been out offline and missing it greatly, I had been anticipating its return. This isn't about SW, though.

TS has always been more like the corner bar than a place to strategize or rat out an enemy player's position. It was a place to meet & greet, talk smack, and build on some good relationships I've developed with people I've never met face-to-face.

It's unfortunate that a few bad experiences have led some to think this is a better alternative. I thoroughly disagree. That's just my opinion; take it for what it's worth.

I don't like what this has turned into.

ignus
01-29-2004, 10:31 PM
:?

LilPuppy
01-29-2004, 10:45 PM
TS has always been more like the corner bar than a place to strategize or rat out an enemy player's position. It was a place to meet & greet, talk smack, and build on some good relationships I've developed with people I've never met face-to-face.

I don't like what this has turned into.

You hit the nail on the head Angry. I enjoy sitting down after work having a beer talk hockey with Wrigs & NV ..heck TS got me a invite to Buffalo and to go see the HATED Leafs.(please Col. make it to Buffalo then) I iritated Sauer so much he sent me a sweet headset and mic.It's like cheers.I keep in contact with Geri since he moved. Talking smack and joking....really not for tatics...During our league matches (for tatics...different server)

AJ: Puppy did see doc. carrier??

Puppy: Yeah!

AJ: Whichway did he go??

Puppy:He went around the corner!

AJ:Which corner??

Puppy:That one!!

AJ: Which is??

Puppy: The one with the big gun at the end!!

AJ: :roll: ???

Puppy: :beer:

For me it's a social benefit and plus. As for tactics I would be shot for treason as a spy with my miss information..

Crazy Hobbit
01-30-2004, 01:01 AM
Wasn't there nor am I quite sure what this is about but I'll say this:

I'll be pulling up on a stool next to Axis Angry and Allied Puppy :cheers:

And just drinking :beer:

And playing 8)

Just for fun :banana:

I come for the company first and the gaming second.

Not saying there aren't times when players aren't trying to jell things together but...you know its just a game.

If I wanted uber gaming, then I'd join a competive clan.

SpongeBob
01-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Was it really that bad for you AK? I mean, if it makes the game less enjoyable for my compadre's then I will not switch channels. But frankly, it was refreshing to see an enemy, call out his spot to a teammate on TS, have the enemy NOT know I did that and NOT get up and run and then see my well informed teammate kill them. But some nights I play for the tactical aspect, other nights for the fun of it. Don't let this one bad night or MASH's bad night prior dampen your opinion of gaming. Things certainly seem to run in a cycle around here and good nights will probably be just around the bend.

Angry Kid
01-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Yeah, it was that bad. Others on the channel I shared expressed similar feelings about it, also.

When I play DC, I'll be on the main DC channel; while on T'Dome, I'll be on the main T'Dome channel. If anyone wants to join me, that would be great. If not, that's fine, too.

Separate channels for a FOG is a good idea, merely for the fact that most of the players end up on TS with a lot of people talking at the same time.

Frankly, I don't care if someone tells where I killed them and they hunt me down like the dog I am. We've played that way for how long now? Why is it - all of a sudden - bad?

Why is that acceptable if someone's alive vs. dead?

Why is "Hobbit's coming into the north flag with a Bradley" acceptable whereas, "Hobbit just killed me at the north flag with a Bradley" isn't?

Why would "Dali just sneaked into our main base and ex-packed the SCUD and ran into the bunker" differ if you were an observer of Dali's deed versus the victim in the SCUD?

Iggy
01-30-2004, 08:04 AM
TS with CoD and TS with BF/DC/SW/RTR are totally different animals. It dawned on me last night that the chatter is completely different. Not sure why. BF is always borderline silly with lots of joking around and good natured ribbing of other players. CoD seems different somehow. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's the difference in the games and tactics for each. Not really sure. Am I imagining things?

SauerKraut
01-30-2004, 08:41 AM
As I posted this in the Wall because I forgot we had a TS section:

I just want to say that splitting up into different TS channels based on teams is G, capital H, E and Y unless it's in a FOG or has some kind of pre-arranged strategic reason. Not for regular community play.

Learn to play nicely with your comrades, or don't play at all.

I'm boycotting it and just going straight to the root channel of every game type.

That is all.

and that's how I feel about that. I'm with AK. It was a horrible experience and I left at 10:30 never to return. I actually went to bed to read 3 hours earlier than normal. So that goes to show you how much I enjoyed it last night too.

As I said. I'm boycotting it. Going right to the root channel.

LilPuppy
01-30-2004, 08:55 AM
As I posted this in the Wall because I forgot we had a TS section:

I just want to say that splitting up into different TS channels based on teams is G, capital H, E and Y unless it's in a FOG or has some kind of pre-arranged strategic reason. Not for regular community play.

Learn to play nicely with your comrades, or don't play at all.

I'm boycotting it and just going straight to the root channel of every game type.

That is all.

and that's how I feel about that. I'm with AK. It was a horrible experience and I left at 10:30 never to return. I actually went to bed to read 3 hours earlier than normal. So that goes to show you how much I enjoyed it last night too.

As I said. I'm boycotting it. Going right to the root channel.

I got home last from work last night started reading everything that's going on and would'nt EVEN try to play (first time in at least 6 months)..checked out TS saw Bok on for the first time and all alone so I popped in to say hello..(Bok my apologizes for not returning..sorry)..In the last couple weeks I would refrain from using it (getting home from work P.O.ed is not a good time to go on) but would get bugged to get on (just for laugh purposes) Hell Geri phoned me long distance to tell me to get on. I will still use it,like you 2 on main channel, but I'll just dissconnect now when the whining and complaining starts and if I'm bugged to get back on I'll switch servers.TS is still one of the sweetest things going and I'm grateful for the use of it even when I'm muttering"goddamn monkey and his rockets"

SauerKraut
01-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Bokchoi was on?

Sweet!!!! Gave up the Ventrilo fight, have ya? hehehehe (was that you? i forget sometimes.)

SpongeBob
01-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Well, I'm sorry if I may have been a major cause, or THE cause, of the movement that took place last night. For the few rounds I played, I caught no wind whatsoever of the issues each of you on the other channel were having with it.
Though I will not take back any of the tactical impact playing within separate channels makes as stated on the thread in the CoD section, I will concede that if the fun of the game is impacted negatively by the use of separate channels then it is certainly not worth using them. As has been stated over and over for the past years here and on the CCM forums of old, most of us play for the pleasure the to company we play with, not the game itself, I'll yap along with all you fools in the common channels, rather than the sub channels, unless we're doing the FOG thing. But AK, you know, it's been a long time since I've heard the old "Awww man" used on TS. I guess you just don't die the way you used to in RtCW.

Angry Kid
01-30-2004, 11:24 AM
....But AK, you know, it's been a long time since I've heard the old "Awww man" used on TS. I guess you just don't die the way you used to in RtCW.

You mean repeatedly and/or often?? Nah - I still do that.

I'm old and set in my ways; I like the way we've been doing TS. I don't care who tells whom where I may be sneaking. All I ask is that you don't offend my delicate sensibilities.

Additionally, on this subchannel thing; try to see it from my point of view -- I was stuck on a channel for a good part of the night with only SK. :D

JTFazz
01-30-2004, 11:40 AM
....But AK, you know, it's been a long time since I've heard the old "Awww man" used on TS. I guess you just don't die the way you used to in RtCW.

I'm old and set in my ways; I like the way we've been doing TS. I don't care who tells whom where I may be sneaking. All I ask is that you don't offend my delicate sensibilities.

Additionally, on this subchannel thing; try to see it from my point of view -- I was stuck on a channel for a good part of the night with only SK. :D

http://www.vsfgamers.com/albums/album07/dogrofl.jpg

JTFazz
01-30-2004, 11:46 AM

I'm old and set in my ways; I like the way we've been doing TS.

http://pto4.com/olddog.jpg

Wrigs
01-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Hmmm....i enjoy my time on TS, busting ppls chops and when i play CoD it seems we pretty much have a gentlemans (and ladies) agreement NOT to give regs positions away when the game is OLTL. I've noticed on a DEM map that anything goes. I get killed and scream "3 in cemetary". I'm just giving a heads up to ppl spawning that u might get buried if u go that way. We do give positions away when it's a non reg, vs reg when they are the last one on and we don't want to wait forever for the camping non reg to wait for the reg to WANDER by. I also like hearing Puppy scream :D

Bokchoi
01-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Bokchoi was on?

Sweet!!!! Gave up the Ventrilo fight, have ya? hehehehe (was that you? i forget sometimes.)

Yes I took the white flag out and waved it. It's also I formatted my pc and I have gotten rid of lots of junk programs and bugs and pr0n. So I figure I deserve to install TS and chat with you guys.

Li'l pup, I didn't get back into TS either! hehe, I know senkrad logs on around 1am everynight so i went back to ventrilo to chat with him. Well that didn't go well at the end when we played with the cheater. That's another thread.

MASH
01-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Wow...

If it hadn't been for Dave, I wouldn't have even checked this forum. Not sure what to say, Steve, other than I had no idea it pissed everyone off. I admit to liking the strategy that TS gives you, but I also don't have a problem with people saying strat tidbits through TS. All's fair, right? The only thing that bugs me about it is not being able to coordinate offenses effectively... a CRITICAL piece of SW OBJ.

But, you are correct... we lived this long with it, so why change now. See ya in the general channel.