PDA

View Full Version : PWS-Wexd.dll

Dawg
06-05-2004, 11:31 PM
I decided to run VirusScan today and guess what. The above-titled trojan had infected the KeyPress.dll in TeamSpeak. VirusScan attempted to clean the file and failed. I attempted to delete the file but it had disappeared. I'm not sure if the trojan destroyed in the process of infecting it or what.

From the name of the trojan, I take this to be a password stealing trojan and suspect that it may have latched onto the keybinding file of TeamSpeak. Thus, it may not have been getting important password info. It is only recently discovered by McAfee (6/2) and is reported as a low risk to corporate and home user alike.

The question for me is how did I get this trojan. I am concerned that it may have transmitted via the TS ports. Anyone else encounter this critter? Does anyone actually have a KeyPress.dll file in their TS directory?

I haven't really used TS over the last few days. Today (Saturday) I logged on momentarily to see if anyone was on (noone was). I logged off immediately thereafter.

"concerned" Dawg

ignus
06-06-2004, 12:12 AM
running test now...

edit: my system's clean according to AVG

Chalybos
06-06-2004, 01:36 AM
I got the same. McAfee. Sometimes, it says missing .dll when launched, but still works fine.