PDA

View Full Version : False virus in TS

Naz
06-07-2004, 10:42 PM
I went to the TS forums and found out that Keypress.dll is not a virus or infected with a virus. It seems that McAfee has sent out a bad dat file that thinks that keypress.dll is a virus. The TS developers have posted a new dll that you can download that is not recognized as a virus or you can wait till McAfee updates the dat file.

Here's the thread where you can find more info and the dll download.
(http://www.teamspeak.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14368&highlight=keypress.dll)

-Naz

Wrigs
06-07-2004, 10:52 PM
I went to the TS forums and found out that Keypress.dll is not a virus or infected with a virus. It seems that McAfee has sent out a bad dat file that thinks that keypress.dll is a virus. The TS developers have posted a new dll that you can download that is not recognized as a virus or you can wait till McAfee updates the dat file.

-Naz

I use Norton not McAffe

ignus
06-07-2004, 11:54 PM
:lol: at whoever had problems with this ;)

LilPuppy
06-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Well norton came on and said it caught a virus and deleted it.... :|

Iggy
06-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Same here.

Chalybos
06-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Ignus, you're the last person who should be making virus jokes. :P

ignus
06-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Ignus, you're the last person who should be making virus jokes. :P

:(

dont hex my pc!

Dawg
06-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Hmm. If you notice, I posted a similar thread a few days ago in which keypress.dll was infected by a different PWS trojan. I will check out the TS thread.

When I ran McAfee VS, it found the infected file, tried to 'clean' it and claimed to fail, then tried to delete it but couldn't find the file. I can't say that I've run TS since, so I may have to d/l the keypress.dll anyway!

EDIT: that thread is funny. People keep posting the same thing over and over even though the developer has posted the solution in a gigantic red font bounded with asterisks!

Dawg

Canadian Hick
06-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Never had a problem, maybe I should get a bette... :very mad:

Was going to say I should get a better anti-virus because I never had the problem but loading TS to join DC guess what happened? :lol:

Chalybos
06-08-2004, 08:05 PM
The file got deleted on mine, but it still works fine everytime, so I haven't done a re-install. Try it before deleting. And write down the damn IP addresses first.

MadSci
06-14-2004, 09:33 AM
I just tried to launch TS last night and Norton's got rid of it, I guess i should check the TS section of the forums more often ;)

Dawg
06-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Haha... just to clarify...

1. There is no virus. The AV software inadvertantly has recognized a signature of the virus as existing in the file KeyPress.dll.
2. If your AV software deleted the 'offending' file, you can either replace the file by downloading the replacement OR reinstall TS using a newly compiled version that is available on the TS website. The latter does NOT require uninstalling TS nor will it cause you to loose your IPs, IDs and Passwords.
3. Might as well update your DAT files too. Supposedly these were altered to prevent this from happening again. Plus, it doesn't hurt to update your DAT files... excepting when I updated my DAT file and it found this false trojan.... :)

Dawg

SoterioN
06-16-2004, 10:22 PM

-Naz

I use Norton not McAffe :nod: :cheers: Norton :melee: McAffe

MASH
09-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Yup... killed mine awhile ago. Still works though, so I just click past it.

--Frighteningly lazy MASH