PDA

View Full Version : Radio Airborne

Brad
09-07-2004, 01:29 PM
I finally figured out how to get music to play over TS. Ive set up a little radio station for those of you bored at work. It plays all the rock hits from ACDC, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne to new hits from Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Sum 41 and more. Tune in on the teamspeak server if you get bored.

SpongeBob
09-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Does all this extra bandwidth cost Naz anything extra? If not, cool; if so, then Cecil, when are you going to accept some donations? I'm sure Airborne's dad will send you a new Volvo or something.

Brad
09-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Does all this extra bandwidth cost Naz anything extra? If not, cool; if so, then Cecil, when are you going to accept some donations? I'm sure Airborne's dad will send you a new Volvo or something.

Its playing through just like I would be talking. So it shouldn't take anymore bandwidth than a person talking. Its almost like what Naz does with his radio for when hes at work. If it does my dad will let you drive his new car, the GT3

Naz
09-07-2004, 04:04 PM
I don't have a problem with it as long as we don't get carried away with it, I don't want to see a station blasting away 24/7 with no one listening. So use your best judgment.

Cecil

batmanuel
09-07-2004, 04:40 PM

Its playing through just like I would be talking. So it shouldn't take anymore bandwidth than a person talking. Its almost like what Naz does with his radio for when hes at work. If it does my dad will let you drive his new car, the GT3

Actually I'm not a TS guru or anything, but typically audio services broadcast nothing during silence, so... sending a constant stream of music vs silence would be more bandwidth.

Naz has already chimed in, so it's moot except I felt like splitting hairs :)