PDA

View Full Version : Need a recommendation

SoterioN
09-19-2004, 10:53 AM
I love calling out incoming troops and communicating in battle with y'all. But it seems at times that my sound is coming through my mic so that you can barely hear me.

I have an Altec Lansing headseat, with the muffled ear phones and mic, the mic is usually positioned just below my mouth. I'm not really sure how people can hear the sounds coming from my earpieces.

Any recommendations?

Naz
09-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Are you running your sound through your speakers also? If so try turning down the speaker volume and see if that helps out..

You can try to adjust your mic volume by going to Control panel> Sound and Audio> Click on the Devices Advanced button> If your mic is not showing up then click on Options> Properties and turn on the mic.

Good luck.

Cecil

SpongeBob
09-19-2004, 07:12 PM
This happened to me once, I think the reason was that my mic was not muted under my PLAYBACK sound options, when it ought to be. You need only have your mic selected and turned up under the RECORDING options.

Chalybos
09-19-2004, 09:49 PM
My own selections are with the Mic on, but with the volumw off on the speakers. I use a Y splitter for the output to the speakers and headset, and a single input to the mic. With an individual volume control for the headset, and a mic-mute, the speaker output is ZERO, and the mic never interferes with the speakers, and vise-versa.