Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW: custom UIs

CT_Raid is the standard for raiding. Just find out what version the raid is using and make sure you are up to date. You do not need the rest of CT_Mod to use CT_Raid so you can download and install CT_Raid separately.

Dawg

Newb

The only mods I use are

From Curse-Gaming:
    Sellvalue (shows the merchant buy price for any item you've taken to a merchant on any character. Once it learns an item, you always get the sell value in the tooltip.)

Reputation Mod (Shows your reputation as a number, not a bar. Also does this for rep gains when you do a quest. Did you know that killing the pirates just outside Ratchet yields you 5 points to ratchet and 1 to the rest of the cartell per if on that quest and that quest is yellow or harder, and 1 point for all all other times?)

From http://wow.allakhazam.com :
    WoWReader (uploads characters and stats, helps maintain their database of item locations and such, and keep it up to date. Can also grab coordinates with the wloc command.)

Because IGE owns (circuitously so as to avoid detection,) cosmos and thottbot, I just won't use them.
    TODO:
    - Moog retired until expansion
    - Scholo for Ancient Bone Bow
    - BRD for quests

Try Auctioneer. You can have it scan AH and it will help you value your items to sell. It will also help you find deals if you are so inclined.
    Secret ingredient: Puppies!
    Allez Cuisine!!!

I am thinking about using a UI mod but am unsure what to use. I want the game to run stable. The last post on this thread is from July and was just wondering if you guys are still running the same mods that you posted back then? Thanks in advance for any mod advice.

I use Flexbar and CT_RAID*. A few others are class specific.

FB can be a pain to set up but it's real nice.
    Allez Cuisine!!!

What happens when Blizzard patches the game? Is there also a FB patch?

Depends. Most times, yes. However, it's just an install of the new one now. Shouldn't have to reconfigure anything unless the game changes in a way that affects the tie ins of UIs. That has not happened though.
    Allez Cuisine!!!

I've gone to using just the specific mods that I want rather than large frameworks. I have CT_Raid installed, but it is probably pretty out-of-date.
    FishEase: autocasting
    FishInfo2: track the rate of catches by area. Does not differ based on time or season though, so it is not perfect.
    MapGatherer: essential for all gathering professions
    MapCoordinates: when you ask 'where is so-and-so?' .. you often get answers like, '24, 56'.. .now you know what it means..
    QuickLoot: lootbox comes up under your cursor instead of the far corner of the screen
    QuestTracker: got it for the quick scroll (which has since been included in WoW) but keep it for some other nifty features
    Wardrobe: extremely cool for anyone who has multiple sets of gear (in high end content, this becomes everyone); biggest drawback is that it doesn't handle having two of the same item well (e.g. 2 Topaz Ring of the Bear)
    Scrolling Combat Text: cooler than it sounds, very useful when tanking and you cannot see anything on your screen other than a giant's kneecap (or is that his toe, or butt, or..)
    some-mod-that-tracks-what-items-sell-for: good for deciding which crappy grey item to drop to pick up some phat lewtz.
    I had a nice bag mod that tracked how much space you had available in each bag. Even color-coded so you could know at a glance when it was coming time to hit the vendor to sell your furry tails and what-not...

Dawg

For coordinates and bag slots, you can try Titan bar. Also has some nifty other add-ins like a clock, xp/hour and time to level at current rate. Titan bar will also display FPS and few other things.
    Allez Cuisine!!!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman_Kaga
    For coordinates and bag slots, you can try Titan bar. Also has some nifty other add-ins like a clock, xp/hour and time to level at current rate. Titan bar will also display FPS and few other things.
    titan bar rocks also has several addons like atlas to it. and the alarm clock is a nice feature