Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: If Getting Wolf Post Here!

Already paid for my copy, just waiting to pick it up on opening day.
    You can run, but you will just die tired.

Count me in for certain! I decided to take advantage of the tax holiday and buy a new PC.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218096181010

Plenty of PC power now. Wolfenstein, here come!
    'Well, science doesn't know everything.' Well, science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop. But just because science doesn't know everything doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairytale most appeals to you.
    -Dara O'Briain

Regular

I think you may need a horsepower boost with the video portion of your new rig.

The 9100GS is integrated graphics, not an independent vid card.

What's your current video card in your old rig? You may want to transplant it into the new one.

EDIT: n/m. I read your post in another thread about your Pong-like BF42.

Depending on the resolution of your monitor (assuming 2048x1024), for ~$100, you can get a decent, cheap card that would run Wolf2 fine; a Radeon HD 4850 512 MB. For ~$130, the Radeon HD 4870 512 MB is probably one of the best performance values out there.

Not knowing what the PS is rated, you may have to stay in that PU power range anyway.
    Last edited by Angry Kid; 08-10-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Reggie, you already bought it?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Kid View Post
    I think you may need a horsepower boost with the video portion of your new rig.

The 9100GS is integrated graphics, not an independent vid card.

What's your current video card in your old rig? You may want to transplant it into the new one.
    Yeah, I tried installing BF2 and playing it at high settings and it was struggling. I figured it may be the video card. The old rig is an old Dell with proprietary parts that I doubt would work. Any suggestions for a new card for a guy on a budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalybos View Post
    Reggie, you already bought it?

Nope, but I plan to soon. Why? You got a free copy for me?
    'Well, science doesn't know everything.' Well, science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop. But just because science doesn't know everything doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairytale most appeals to you.
    -Dara O'Briain

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by reggiekrh View Post
    Any suggestions for a new card for a guy on a budget?
    More budget-y than the ones I mentioned above?

If so, for ~$80. go for an nVidia 9600GT, for ~$55 you can get a Radeon HD 4650.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Kid View Post
    More budget-y than the ones I mentioned above?

If so, for ~$80. go for an nVidia 9600GT, for ~$55 you can get a Radeon HD 4650.
    That works! Sorry, I missed your edit above the first go around. Thanks for the suggestions! I am a little slow when it comes to PC components.
    -Dara O'Briain

Quote Originally Posted by reggiekrh View Post
    Yeah, I tried installing BF2 and playing it at high settings and it was struggling. I figured it may be the video card. The old rig is an old Dell with proprietary parts that I doubt would work. Any suggestions for a new card for a guy on a budget?

Nope, but I plan to soon. Why? You got a free copy for me?
    I meant the PC, meathead.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Pirate Pope's Mobile House of Fun - Kids Welcome

Smile

Ya, think i'm gonna get this. =VSF= FTW
    Last edited by SoterioN; 08-11-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalybos View Post
    I meant the PC, meathead.
    Haha. Oh...oops!

Yeah, spur of the moment Sunday night buy.
    -Dara O'Briain