Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIEEEEEEEESSSS

Pirate Pope's Mobile House of Fun - Kids Welcome

Default ZOMBIEEEEEEEESSSS

The Walking Dead Season 2 premiere tonight... watching AMC's replay of season 1 right now... awesome.

this is so much better than Falling Skies (i know different genre, but the father-son **** got old (frickin' speilburg)

as an aside, still not sure why Walking Dead and 28 days later opened the same way???

Yeah, they deviated a fair bit from the comic, er graphic novel, in the first season.

I've read the first 14 or so issues of the comic and I can see why they made some changes.
    I thought the comic was better than average but not great. Not great enough for me to the spend the money on any more issues.

Hopefully this new season will be better than the last.
    Imagine if you'd spent as many hours practicing with a musical instrument as you have spent playing video games.

Pirate Pope's Mobile House of Fun - Kids Welcome

any explanation as to why if you get bit, you're ****ed, but if you get a ton of zombie blood splattered all over you somehow you don't turn?

If you don't have any open wounds, you're okay. Assuming it doesn't get into your eyes or mouth.

Sheesh, how the hell are you gonna survive the zombie apocalypse?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by SoterioN View Post
    any explanation as to why if you get bit, you're ****ed, but if you get a ton of zombie blood splattered all over you somehow you don't turn?
    One word: magic.

Zombies or not the series better pick up the pace pretty quick or the series is going to be walking dead!

Ars had some harsh words for the season premier: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...soap-opera.ars

And an observation, razor sharp Scandinavian yard tools are great and all but as Max Brooks observed a pike or a halberd would be a much more practical weapon.
    I mean really, who wants to get so close that you get splattered with zombie goo all the time? Not me that's for sure!
    Heck, even a katana (whoops spoiler?) would be preferable to a hatchet or stubby machete.
    Imagine if you'd spent as many hours practicing with a musical instrument as you have spent playing video games.

Regular

Here's all the stuff you'll need . . .

and, yeah - they need to step it up a bit.

Hit the road, run into trouble and/or walkers, hide/fight, some close call happens, run away, rinse repeat.
    Last edited by Angry Kid; 10-17-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Finally watched the Season 2 premiere. I pretty much agree with the ArsTechnica review. I have a couple additional minor gripes. Like.. how did the herd of zombies shamble up so close without getting noticed earlier? How is the church 'bell' powered?

The product placement for Gerber was pretty obvious. Hyundai was more subtle.

yah it was a bit slow but i agree with the review there... how did they not smell/hear them? wtf. i could see if they were hiding inside cars/rv... some type of physical barrier, but... wtf?

i just keep waiting for a one-handed merle to come back and beat up officer friendly!

still, solid show. i'll keep watching. if only to find out what the scientist said to him at the end... i just hope it isn't that they're all in purgatory

I've read all 89 issues of the comic. I really enjoyed them. Introduction of the "herd" didn't occur in the comics until very deep...probably in the 60s or 70s issues. On the zombie blood, the TV series is playing pretty loose with that. Remember in Season 1 when Rick met up with the group in Atlanta and they wore full body suits with face shields to cut up the zombies?

They're getting back on track with the comics by going to Hershel's Farm. There is some cool action that happens there if they stay true to the comics. Don't know if they'll introduce the Governor character in Season 2...I would bet it's going to be Merle. Another character, Michonne, will be awesome when she gets into the story line.