Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIEEEEEEEESSSS

Quote Originally Posted by RolandTGunner View Post
    Well hopefully it won't be as borrrrrring. I mean, jeez let's move the story along can we?
    This week's was the best of the season so far... hoping they ramp up from now on.

I missed the BBad nod, what was it?

Quote Originally Posted by batmanuel View Post
    This week's was the best of the season so far... hoping they ramp up from now on.

I missed the BBad nod, what was it?
    I thought the episode was slow and lame right up until the end.
    Then they finally revealed where they're going with the Shane character, which made it worth it.

When Daryl pulled out Merle's drug bag you could see in addition to the pill bottles the bottom of the bag was full of blue crystals - presumably blue meth.
    Imagine if you'd spent as many hours practicing with a musical instrument as you have spent playing video games.

Apparently, the writers are taking the comic book Sheriff Rick and dividing his personality across the two TV characters - Rick and Shane. Comic book Rick was both caring, sensitive human being and a ruthless badass that would kill someone (in very violent ways) without hesitation in order to survive. Seems like they may be allocating the badass killer piece to Shane and the touchy-feeling reasoned character to Rick. I think this will make Rick a very boring character...certainly seems that way so far this season.

The key thematic topics for me in the comics is 1) to what level will humans stoop to in order to survive; and 2) which is the greater threat to the human's survival...the zombies or the other humans? These are the topics that made the first season interesting and they're finally getting back to that in season two. Introduction of the characters Michonne and the Governor on the TV show will indicate the writers are serious about going down this path.

I had not seen this before. In the EW article, Kirkman confirms the Governor will be coming to the TV version of TWD. Cool!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/31/walking-dead-kirkman/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangelove View Post
    Nice link. enjoyed it

Why is Rick still carrying his radio?? Hows does he charge the battery? Who does he talk to?
    And how the hell does he keep his hat so clean?? When will we learn Herchel's dark secret??

And the lost little girl thing really needs to be resolved.
    Imagine if you'd spent as many hours practicing with a musical instrument as you have spent playing video games.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandTGunner View Post
    Why is Rick still carrying his radio?? Hows does he charge the battery? Who does he talk to?
    And how the hell does he keep his hat so clean?? When will we learn Herchel's dark secret??

And the lost little girl thing really needs to be resolved.
    Merle has the girl. At least that's what I expect we'll see next week.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

While it seems like forever in our time, in TWD time it's only been a few weeks. Rick is talking to Morgan, the black guy who took him into his house back after he first woke up. He told Morgan when they separated that he'd try to contact him on the radio from time to time at a certain time of day...I don't recall what that time was though...noon perhaps? I expect we'll learn Hershel's secret in the next two weeks. They've already alluded to it and are setting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlspence View Post
    While it seems like forever in our time, in TWD time it's only been a few weeks. Rick is talking to Morgan, the black guy who took him into his house back after he first woke up. He told Morgan when they separated that he'd try to contact him on the radio from time to time at a certain time of day...I don't recall what that time was though...noon perhaps? I expect we'll learn Hershel's secret in the next two weeks. They've already alluded to it and are setting it up.
    Yes, I remember that but he's not talking to him. Those radios only have a bout a 5 mile transmit radius without a repeater.
    Anyway, yeah I caught the Hershel foreshadowing.
    They're just taking their sweet time.
    The whole well zombie bit was just for gratuitous gross-out and to kill time. There must be at least one zombie in every episode, it's in the contract.
    (And wtf Hershel, you just let zombies wander the property and fall in the well?? Way to go dude!)

And whose hiding place did Daryl find? Was it the little girl or Merle or ......someone else?

At this point I wonder if they're going rearrange the story line and find the Governor before they find the "sanctuary".

Quote Originally Posted by Chalybos View Post
    Merle has the girl. At least that's what I expect we'll see next week.
    I doubt we'll see that next week and hopefully not ever as it would be lame! Lame I say!

And how does Rick keep his hat so clean??

The whole zombie in the well deal was just a time filler. First, Hershel or Maggie said they had 5 wells on the property. There are what, 15 people total there right? So, we're to believe 1) that having a zombie in the well that is oozing hasn't already contaminated the well; 2) that anyone would actually consider drinking from the well after seeing that fat zombie in there whether they thought it was "contaminated" or not. Puhleeeze. Just shoot the *******, cover the well and then go make sure the other wells are properly protected.

They did get Maggie and Glenn together. Man is it just me or is John Bernthal (Shane) just that bad an actor?