Thread: It's that time... to move!

Oh hell, it went so smoothly i pulled the trigger. Let me know if you see issues!

Default It's that time... to move!

'fraid so, moving servers again...

THIS time, however, going from dedicated hardware (which has a tendency to die) and going to a linode virtualized machine which should be a lot more stable (and a lot more cheaper), and grow at the push of a button if the thing becomes bogged down for any reason.

I've moved a pile of other sites so far (mostly wordpress) and it's been smooth... hopefully vb will be as well.

So this weekend (tomorrow night maybe) you might see a 'down for maint' sign--that'll be this old box. Hopefully at that point DNS will be updating to the new one.

This, of course, assumes the migration i'm testing right now goes as planned, but i wanted to let y'all know as soon as possible so you see when you drop by. Keep fingers and toes crossed plz.

Guess it went smoothly.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

seems to have. that's cause i didn't try to upgrade vbulletin (which needs it). maybe after i get the rest of the sites moved...

i really hope the linode thing works out and i don't have to move ever again... fingers be crossing.