Thread: So ... decent virus protection that isn't:

Default So ... decent virus protection that isn't:

McAffee (ewwww)
    Norton (ewwww on 'roids)
    Avast (someone has a conflict with Win8 )
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Regular

Webroot, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, AVG just off the top of my pointy head. Some have free versions, but most are less than $25/yr.
    Last edited by Angry Kid; 06-15-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks, will pass on to my cousin. Been using Avast for the last several years, got me lazy & I'm kinda out of the virus protection loop.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Pirate Pope's Mobile House of Fun - Kids Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Kid View Post
    Webroot, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, AVG just off the top of my pointy head. Some have free versions, but most are less than $25/yr.
    I have had good luck with AVG and Malwarebytes over past 5 years. Less resource heavy than Norton and more effective than the Windows (MS made) antivirus. I use the free versions which enables real-time protection for AVG; but not for Malwarebytes unfortunately, but as AK said it's cheap. I just do a Malwarebytes scan at least once a week to make up for the deficiencies, and avoid pr0n on my computer...