Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty smooth so far.....

Liberals have been ok with Kathy Griffin cutting Trumps head off, a play in New York that kills Trump and now a liberal from the anti gun state of Illinois goes to DC another anti gun district to shoot at a group of conservatives. It is time for laws against the extremist groups with liberals in them. Liberalism has split this country and is now the psychopath party. I told someone the other day at a house party I voted for Trump and she started screaming at me. That wasn't the first time I have seen this happen. Mark my words a civil war is coming and it is closer than you think. Conservatives are at a boiling point in society and I honestly do not see how either side will ever get along. This type of anger will eventually blow up. The ghettos in Los Angeles are being stirred as we speak. Both sides are close now....
    An extremely credible source has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud

- Adolph Hitler [Speech of May 1, 1927]

I think it's a bit unfair to lump liberals with Kathy Griffin; I think most people can agree she's a D-list comedian trying to wring a little money out of shock humour. Seriously, even her best work, back on Seinfeld, was premised around her not being funny.

As for the Shakespeare in the park, that's a mountain out of a mole hill. They did it with Obama back in 2012 (again, Julius Caesar) and I would've taken it at the time as pro-Obama. I mean, the assassins are the villains and the play makes it quite clear:

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
    I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
    The evil that men do lives after them;
    The good is oft interred with their bones;
    So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
    Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
    If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
    And grievously hath Caesar answer’d it.
    Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest–
    For Brutus is an honourable man;
    So are they all, all honourable men–
    Come I to speak in Caesar’s funeral.
    He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
    But Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And Brutus is an honourable man.
    He hath brought many captives home to Rome
    Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
    Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?
    When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:
    Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And Brutus is an honourable man.
    You all did see that on the Lupercal
    I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
    Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And, sure, he is an honourable man.
    I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
    But here I am to speak what I do know.
    You all did love him once, not without cause:
    What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?
    O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
    And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
    My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
    And I must pause till it come back to me.

Antony defends Brutus with his tongue planted firmly in his cheek.

That said, you guys do have a problem with violent extremes on both ends and I think some agitators on both sides are to blame - and certainly the left in this instance -, but not Shakespeare in the Park.
    Last edited by CandianHick 2.0; 06-14-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    “I knew a lot of things, unconnected things, but I would be able to connect them after a few hours at a library." Casaubon

Perhaps, Angry. But do you think that you are helping? You fan flames then stand back to shake your head at the fire in disgust. You don't make any point except to use a tragedy to further your agenda. So I don't offer any real counter except to tell you to go **** yourself because you're being part of the problem.
    Peace and love. Peace and love.
    -Doc
    Last edited by DrGreen; 06-14-2017 at 09:25 PM.

We eagerly await your response and your best defense.

“I knew a lot of things, unconnected things, but I would be able to connect them after a few hours at a library." Casaubon

Regular

Oh c'mon AAM, tone it down.

Where was the anger and condemnation at the Indian man shot in Kansas by a white man yelling "Get out of my country"?

Or about the murder of two men who were just defending two teenage girls from racist abuse?

Where is the outrage over the spike in hate crimes, often with the perps quoting Trump?

Does it only matter when this sort of thing happens against Republicans? Re-read your post and then look at yourself in the mirror.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

I'm going predict now that this may be the last thread this forum ever produces.

And how sad is that?
    Imagine if you'd spent as many hours practicing with a musical instrument as you have spent playing video games.

Why are you guys so angry for pointing out the obvious? I have a feeling a lot of you must live in bubbles. Because the stuff I see is totally different than what you see. I judge things off of the hatred I see face to face in the streets that I grew up in. I saw this on a smaller scale back in 92 right before the LA riots. But I think that was more a local issue with local newspapers fanning the local flames. Very isolated at that time with almost a hundred people killed. But what I see now is on a huge scale of division. You are talking not just national politics but worldwide politics. You are talking about a division between liberals and conservatives in this country that is actually frightening. I can guarantee you one thing. If the liberals get what they want and find a way to impeach and destroy Trump the civil war will happen.

I don't care either way. I have more than enough money to hide in Costa Rica. But just watch and see what happens. Oh yeah Dr Green you can eat my azz you pile of dog crap!
    An extremely credible source has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYAFRICANMAN View Post

I don't care either way.
    The Angry doth protest too much, methinks.

The religion of peace strikes again! http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/06/21...-act-terrorism

I have a friend in Europe traveling and he has been in three spots in the last month where the religion of peace has barely missed killing him. We should import more people of the religion of peace.... Allahu akbar my liberal buddies!

What is the point of this post? Advocate a coherent position instead of sounding Naziesque dog whistles like a coward.