Thread: MST3K

Default MST3K

Is anyone watching the new one on Netflix? I got around to it a little late because I wasn't expecting much. For the fans of the old stuff, here's the good:

1) A great choice of movies, including another Italian Hercules movie
    2) the criticisms of the bad movies are just as good as they ever were

Now the bad:

1) the references are a lot more narrow than they were in the original run (more movies, music, television; less drama, history, literature, etc.)
    2) the between the movie bits don't even compare in quality: Tom Servo and Croooooow! have lost their charisma here and they focus too much on their human star-power.
    3) in the original, breaking out into song was some of the best parts; here it's really forced and I often can't see what prompted it.

Thoroughly enjoyable viewing, as long as you don't expect Space Mutiny or Werewolf calibre material.
    Last edited by CandianHick 2.0; 06-04-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Five in four,
    Five in four,
    Five in four,
    and not in Five!

No flix for me... :(
    Imagine if you'd spent as many hours practicing with a musical instrument as you have spent playing video games.

It's pretty good and nearly on par with the old. Better with a few drinks in you just as in the old days.
    Secret ingredient: Puppies!
    Allez Cuisine!!!

Yeah it's pretty good, although Gypsy's new voice kinda throws me off a bit.