Thread: Ok ok ok ok. Time to do something. :)

Default Ok ok ok ok. Time to do something. :)

Hey folks! I haven't been out here in forever. I can't believe it's been 16 years since this thing kicked off out of the ashes! And it seems a few of yas still come by time to time. And it's a good place for people to randomly show up. So I wouldn't just pull the plug.

However, I'm looking to simplify my life and stuff I have running on servers (and servers). And I feel bad that this has been neglected for code/updates, and fear that it may have some serious vulns as I haven't been paying attention.

Anyone want to take the helm and get the site running elsewhere? Should we create a facebook group and lock this down, forward to there? Something else? I'm absolutely wanting to help keep this name as a gathering ground & place... will muchly help anyone willing to set it up somewhere else!

I would have no idea what would be needed. Anyone?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

p0rkfat is a man of many servers. He may be able to host this lightly-used site. I'll ask him when next I converse with him.
    FB, as much as it sucks, is a good place to "gather" as it were. I have several VSF'ers on my friends list.
    Imagine if you'd spent as many hours practicing with a musical instrument as you have spent playing video games.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandTGunner View Post
    p0rkfat is a man of many servers. He may be able to host this lightly-used site. I'll ask him when next I converse with him.
    FB, as much as it sucks, is a good place to "gather" as it were. I have several VSF'ers on my friends list.
    I have several of ya'll as well, as you know. could make a FB group ... but that may alienate some people. the site could redirect to it, too

Another vbulletin exploit just came across my desk and i was like "ugh... i have to patch that vb stuff... " but apparently it's too far behind to be impacted. yay.

Regular

I would be in for FB. I was a bit late in getting FB, so didn't add anyone except Doc Green.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by batmanuel View Post
    I have several of ya'll as well, as you know. could make a FB group ... but that may alienate some people. the site could redirect to it, too

Another vbulletin exploit just came across my desk and i was like "ugh... i have to patch that vb stuff... " but apparently it's too far behind to be impacted. yay.
    Ya p0rk says he's actually trying to downsize so he's not interested.
    It's been what, 15 years you've kept this going. I think you've gone above and beyond.
    I'd be cool with a FB group, although I don't participate much on FB. Mostly just watch to see what relatives are up to.
    Imagine if you'd spent as many hours practicing with a musical instrument as you have spent playing video games.

Regular

Wow!, I didn't even know this forum was even still here.
    I'd also be happy with a FB group.

Oh, I just checked my Signature.
    Wow, it has been that long since I have been here.

I still have the New Zealand Rebels Signature set. It is a 2142 Clan I was in.
    Last edited by Camiron; 10-01-2019 at 06:07 AM.